Wednesday June 26, 2013 – Friday June 28, 2013
2100 W Littleton Blvd
OS X Server Essentials is a three-day course designed to give technical coordinators and entrylevel system administrators the skills, tools, and knowledge to implement and maintain a network that uses OS X Server on Mountain Lion. Students learn how to install and configure OS X Server to provide network-based services, such as file sharing, web and wikis. Tools for efficiently managing and deploying OS X are also covered. The course is a combination of lectures and hands-on case study exercises that provide practical real-world experience.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for help desk specialists, technical coordinators, and entry-level system administrators who implement and maintain networks using OS X Server.
What You Will Learn
- The features and functionality of OS X Server on Mountain Lion
- How to configure essential services on OS X Server on Mountain Lion
- How to use OS X Server tools to monitor and troubleshoot services
- Effective use of OS X Server to manage a small network of Macintosh computers and users
- How to manage access to files and services
- How to prepare for Apple Certified Technical Coordinator (ACTC) 10.8 certification
- Understanding of OS X
- Experience with OS X in a network environment
- Basic OS X troubleshooting experience or complete the course: Mountain Lion 101