Tuesday July 16, 2013 – Tuesday July 16, 2013
2100 W Littleton Blvd
Mountain Lion 100
Introduction to Mac OS X 10.8
Introduction to Mac OS X is a one-day preliminary course for those new to Mac OS X who need to prepare for the Mac OS X Support Essentials course, or other technical Mac OS X training courses. This course focuses on getting to know the foundations of Mac OS X, with topics ranging from efficient window and application management to system customization. You’ll also learn how to configure user accounts and manage files.
Who Should Attend?
This class is designed for those new to the Mac OS X platform who need to obtain the skills to support other Mac OS X users. This could include entry level IT personnel in businesses that use Mac OS X systems for general productivity or creative design, service technicians who support Mac OS X customers, and technical coordinators or power users who manage networks of Mac OS X systems for their organization—such as teachers and technology specialists who manage a classroom network or computer labs.
Practical working knowledge of computers
- Get to Know the Mac OS X User Interface
- Learn Mac OS X Basics
- How to Customize System-Wide Preferences and User Preferences
- How to Use the Mac OS X Help System
- How Common Applications Integrate With Each Other
- Learn to Manage Multiple Applications and Multiple Windows Within Applications.
- Learn About Dashboard and Automator
- Learn the Basic Principles of File Sharing
- Working With Multiple Users