- October 21, 2015 - October 29, 2015
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Apple Certified Macintosh Technician (ACMT) certification verifies the ability to perform basic troubleshooting and repair of both desktop and portable Macintosh systems, such as iMac and MacBook Pro. ACMT certification exams emphasize identifying and resolving common Mac OS X problems, and using Apple Service and Support products and practices to effectively repair Apple hardware. This seven-day course (3 days 9am-5pm & 4 days 9am-5pm) to prepare students in becoming Apple Certified Macintosh Technicians (ACMT), how to identify and resolve issues with Apple desktop and portable computers. You will learn Apple hardware specifications, troubleshooting techniques, component isolation steps, take-apart procedures, and general service guidelines and resources: everything you need to diagnose and repair Apple computers. To become ACMT certified students must successfully complete both the Macintosh Service Certification Exam and the Mac OS X 10.9 Troubleshooting Exam. For your convenience both exams are included with this course.
Who Should Attend?
- People interested in becoming Apple Certified Technicians
- Service technicians who want to expand their service repair skills
- Help desk personnel at schools and businesses
- Mac consultants
- A minimum of 3-6 months experience with Mac OS X
- Basic troubleshooting experience or equivalent to Mountain Lion 101
Candidates getting ACMT certified for the first time are required to pass these exams:
- Apple Macintosh Service Exam (9L0-011) – Tests practical knowledge of effectively and safely troubleshooting and repairing Apple Macintosh systems, including displays.
- Mac OS X Troubleshooting Exam (9L0-065) – Tests practical knowledge of Mac OS X emphasizing troubleshooting of Mac OS X version 10.9, and applies knowledge of Mac OS X 10.9 toward identifying common Mac OS X issues.
Venue Phone: 303-835-1005
Venue Website: www.rewindtech.comAddress: