Posted on by James Hanson in | Comments Off on Service Fundamentals
Event Phone: 303-835-1005
- Sevice Fundamentals
March 4, 2019 - March 6, 2019
9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Duration: 3 Days
Price: 2,100.00 USD
Apple Service Fundamentals is a 3-day course that teaches students the skills they need to handle face-to-face customer interactions involving all Apple devices. Successful completion of the Apple Service Fundamentals Exam 2018 fulfills the prerequisite for Apple Certified Mac Technician (ACMT) 2018 and Apple Certified iOS Technician (ACiT) 2018 certification. Interactive discussions and hands-on exercises guide students through the best way to manage customer interactions, the required safety precautions, and basic troubleshooting skills. Students’ knowledge and skills are tested and reinforced by working through real-world scenarios and role-playing.
Training for Apple Service Fundamentals is available to technicians who work at or wish to work at Apple-authorized service facilities.
Upon completion of the Apple Service Fundamentals course, students will be able to:
- Identify and validate customer engagement skills such as empathy, setting expectations, positioning a refusal of service, and conflict resolution
- Position a repair, upgrade, or attachment so it’s clear that the recommendation helps to solve the customer’s issue
- Identify and validate strategies for setting realistic resolution expectations
- Identify and practice ESD precautions
- Identify the customer statements that generate a Safety First case
- Demonstrate the proper and safe handling of batteries and portable computer case assemblies with a built-in battery, and respond to events that involve these batteries
- Explain why documentation is important to the service workflow. Understand the components of clear, concise, and complete case notes and the negative impact of poor case notes.
- Find and use any Apple product’s serial number to determine its level of coverage
- Describe the importance of accurate troubleshooting to the business and the customer
- Demonstrate basic troubleshooting and deductive reasoning skills, including the use of smart questioning techniques and first-level evaluation and isolation skills
- List the tools and resources that are available to help troubleshoot
This course is intended for anyone who wants to become certified to repair and troubleshoot iOS or macOS devices.
- Customer Experience Skills and Managing Customer Expectations
- This lesson has five parts. The Interpersonal Skills and Asking Questions sections teach participants how to communicate with the customer, while the Partnering with the Customer, Educational Opportunities, and Providing Solutions sections teach participants how to handle interactions in the supportive and sensitive manner that defines Apple’s superior customer service.
- Documenting Customer Interactions
- Participants understand how both good and poor case notes affect service metrics and learn how to write clear, easily understood notes that can be used effectively as part of a repair and its history.
- Resource Fundamentals
- Participants learn about the fundamental resources available to technicians. Resources play a critical role of informing the technician how to evaluate, isolate and resolve customer issues.
- ESD Precautions
- Participants understand why an ESD-safe working environment is important.
- Safety First
- Participants recognize potential product safety issues, and customer-facing technicians learn the right vocabulary, phrases, and positioning statements to use when they transfer customers to a supervisor.
- Embedded Battery Safety
- Participants learn about embedded batteries and the important safety procedures they must follow when they work with and near these batteries.
- Introduction to Service Guide
- Participants learn how to use GSX to help in repairs.
- Apple ID
- Participants learn how to create, manage, and troubleshoot Apple IDs.
- iOS and macOS Fundamentals
- Participants learn the components of both operating systems and how to detect and resolve common issues.
- Networking and iCloud Fundamentals
- Participants learn how to set up and configure networking options on macOS and iOS. Participants also learn to configure iCloud and resolve potential customer issues.
- Basic Troubleshooting and Diagnostics Fundamentals
- Participants explore the Evaluate, Isolate, and Resolve troubleshooting model. They also learn how to begin troubleshooting by using deductive reasoning, smart questioning techniques, and first-level evaluation tools and resources.
- Participants learn how to configure and troubleshoot continuity-related features.
- Mail Basics
- Participants learn how to configure mail accounts and troubleshoot common issues.
- Apple Watch and watchOS
- Participants learn to identify different models of Apple Watch and list controls and navigations options.
- Apple TV and tvOS
- Participants learn the settings, features, and troubleshooting techniques associated with Apple TV and tvOS.
- Participants learn to explain the features and functions of the Home App as well as how to configure and troubleshoot.
- Apple Pay
- Participants learn the basics of setting up and supporting Apple Pay.
- Determining Warranty Coverage
- Participants learn how to determine the current warranty status of any Apple product.